So good...even 2 days in a row!



This spaghetti dinner was so yummy, even on the second day.  I mixed the noodles with the sauce (something I've never done before) and I've now decided that I will ALWAYS do that.  The noodles don't stick together and the sauce is absorbed and sucked up in to the pasta which makes it even yummier.  Not sure that's a word....hmmm.
The garlic bread was my attempt at frugality since I had bought a package of buns and didn't use them. Re-purpose folks....re-purpose!  We just so happened to eat last week's hamburgers without any buns and I remembered I had roasted garlic.  I used homemade roasted garlic butter, which boy #2 has stated is his new food obsession, to coat the buns. Then I sprinkled some Garlic Garlic and Onion Onion right on top and baked 'em till they were brown.
Pretty unconventionally, I served a sort of Asian slaw on the side.  It definitely hit the spot for me  on a trash television Sunday night.  Real Housewives, Amish people etc, etc....you know, mind candy :o)

I also made my Granny's Cobbler for dessert.  I used really ripe nectarines sliced but not peeled.  They were so sweet I didn't add any sugar at all.  Actually I like the fruit to be more tart than this turned out.  It seemed a little sweet but it looked beautiful.



Cobbler Recipe

Washed and sliced fruit. My favorite is blackberries marinated in a little sugar, apprx 2 pts
1 cup self rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk or almond milk
1 stick butter

Melt butter in a 8x11 or equivalent dish.  Mix the flour, sugar and milk.  Pour the batter over the melted butter then spread the fruit over the top.  Bake in a preheated oven (375) for 45-50 minutes or until brown.
Note:  Taste the fruit and sweeten to desired taste.  This is so simple to mix up and throw in the oven while eating dinner.  Ice cream puts this dish over the top.  Hope you enjoy.







Comments