Menu Plan Monday 7/14/14



My weekend view
I'm so relaxed and wishing that I didn't have to be part of the working world any more.  Laying on the beach all day and reading romance/chick lit novels sounds like the life .  A fruity drink at my side wouldn't be too bad either.  Alas, I know that's not possible cause I'm "workin for a livin".  All this vacation hasn't been too good for my waistline either and I think it's time for a little self control and healthier eating.  That really boils down to decreasing my snacking and concentrating on wholesome foods without desserts.  Three meals a day, planned, will put me back on track in no time {I hope}.  Truthfully, I haven't really watched what I've eaten since well over a year ago.  I naturally ate when I was hungry and didn't when I wasn't.  While my dairy free experiment yielded some minimal improvements in my health I just have a hard time not eating or including any cheese in my diet. Truly, I think the restriction I imposed made me gorge (only on cheese) when my 30 days were up. I have traded cow's milk for almond and I never put cheese on my sandwiches anymore.  I use dairy free sour cream and truly love dairy free frosting.  So while I'm not dairy free...I'm decreasing my intake by making small changes or exchanges.

Okay, on to the meal plan for the week.
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

SUNDAY

Chicken, Black Bean, Roasted Corn Quesadilla
Shredded Lettuce salad with Cilantro

MONDAY
Breakfast--Fresh Cherries
Lunch--Leftovers filling over green salad
Oven-Fried Pork Cutlets with Apple Slaw
Oven Fried Pork Cutlets/ Chops
Steamed Broccoli with Roasted Garlic
Noodles/Rice

TUESDAY
Loaded Slow-Cooker Baked Potatoes
Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes
Topped with:
Turkey Bacon
Mushrooms
Broccoli
Roasted Garlic
Caramelized Onions
Green Salad

WEDNESDAY
Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles Recipe
Chicken Stir Fry with Noodles
To Do:  Shop 

THURSDAY & FRIDAY
To be planned after shopping

Breakfasts-Kind bars and fresh fruit
Lunches-Tortilla filled with Boar's Head chicken lunch meat, cheese crackers, fruit, green salads



Comments