Menu Plan Monday 5-26-14


Happy Memorial Day
My cookie looked strangely like the United States after it was baked.  What a great unintentional result for this weekend.  Thank you for the service of our armed forces those with us and those that gave their life defending our freedom.

 I was wanting to use the Kraft Philadelphia white chocolate indulgence brand but alas my store doesn't carry that version anymore.  This led me to believe the company had stopped making it, and due to laziness...I thought I would recreate the tangy sweet version at home.  I won't say it's a total flop and it can be done successfully in my home kitchen....but this time my proportions were off.  Mine needed a little bit more tang of the cream cheese (I used dairy free cream cheese) and maybe a little lemon zest to brighten it up.  Making this led me to research whether or not the commercial brand was still available and I found that yes, yes it is.  So I probably won't be making this by scratch any time in the near future but.....I could if I wanted :o)

Only one day of meal planning for me as this is our trip week!  Woohoo!  My youngest son and niece will be holding the fort down while we are gone, feeding the dog and taking the trash in and out etc etc.  I think we are all excited to be going to celebrate Tan's birthday.  I love to travel and living in Florida for most of my life makes me look forward to a few days of only 11% humidity.  Good hair, and skin, AND my auto immune disorder always seems to calm down in the dry air.  



I'll be leaving plenty plenty of things for the kids to cook and ramen noodles just in case :D  Have a great week and head over to orgjunkie.com if you need some true inspiration for your meal planning.

MONDAY
(Didn't get to it last week)
Jasmine Rice
Green Veggie
To Do:  Pack, hair, toes, nails, cook lentils

TUESDAY
Oven Baked Lentil Tacos
Pan Roasted Corn
Chopped Salad
Chopped Tomato
Fresh Cilantro
To Do:  Nothing.....I'm packing to be ready for tomorrow!

WEDNESDAY-SATURDAY
YOYO--Sorry guys...I'm sure with the ingredients in my cupboard they'll make some interesting combinations.  I can't wait to hear about them.


Comments