Roasted Garlic Butter

I roasted some garlic ( approximately 2 small heads) just cause I hadn't done it in a while. I also taught my 17 year old son how to do this just so he could look really smart if this ever comes up in teenage conversation and besides, I wanted company in the kitchen.  I never expected my dinner guests to love, love, love this mixture.  I will make this again.  Use as a topping/seasoning for bread, mashed potatoes, or vegetables.  I haven't tried it but I bet it would make a fantastic flavoring for any pan fried items also.
  • 2 small head garlic sliced horizontally
  • olive oil
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1 stick of butter at room temperature
Place each head of garlic on a piece of foil.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and gather ends around until a purse like packet is formed.  Place packets in a 350 degree oven on a cookie sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until cloves are soft and easily mashed with a fork.  Allow garlic to cool then mash, and combine with the butter. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.

Comments