Progress Update

I had help today...true help.  My favorite assistant, Macy, was in my kitchen today.  As a mother of only boys, it is amazing the difference between the sexes.  She automatically understands that when someone is doing a marathon cooking session they really only want some company in the kitchen to lighten the load and make the time pass more quickly.  She fit the bill to a tee!
With her help, I managed to do the following things along with a few others on my perpetual list.  When I have a load of things to do in the kitchen, I'm having her over every time.  Hopefully she'll agree.
Baked Egg Rolls
I froze more than a dozen uncooked to take with us for an easy meal.
Photograph by Macy
Stuffed Mushrooms
Just because I had mushrooms that needed to be used.  A few I chopped in to the Creamy Baked Spaghetti that I made for our dinner tonight.  By the way, I changed our Sunday, Monday dinner due to the work involved in the recipe.
Rather than one large dish, I made two to have one for a later meal.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
These are really delicious although Macy never tried one...she's quite particular.  Really, who can blame her, they are brussel sprouts after all.
These are great right from the freezer to the grill.  I think the freezing process makes the cheese stay inside.  Tip:  Allow them to cool about 5-10 minutes before serving....the roof of your mouth will thank you.
Chicken Cutlets
I browned these well then froze them.  I'll place them in the oven to finish cooking then serve them on top of a bed of greens with a lemon vinaigrette.
This is my daughter from another mother and best kitchen assistant!

As we say around here, Happy Funday Sunday :)








Comments