Menu Plan Monday 3/24/14 Ft. Wilderness/Spring Break Edition



I have to say that I am so looking forward to this week because:

  1. It's Spring Break and I'm not in the hospital. (that's what happened last year)
  2. I'm camping in Disney's Ft. Wilderness Campground.
  3. It's going to be the most fantastic Florida weather of the year.
  4. They now sell Lolailo brand Sangria wine at Sam's. (I know random, right?)
  5. Did I say I'm going to be at Walt Disney World for 5 nights?
Some of my best memories as a child surround the campground at Walt Disney World.  I remember when they still had trams that delivered me to Pioneer Hall or let me ride the endless loop, or at least until 9pm, around Ft. Wilderness just watching people.  I was a territorial little thing about my checkers seat at Pioneer Hall.  I also remember the shelf that contained the lemon drops I was obsessed with at the Meadow Trading Post but was only allowed to get while we were there.

  "We're on Disney World Driveway"  Clark Yandle would exclaim, to which myself and my seester would then tumble head first down the hallway of the RV screaming with unadulterated joy!  

So needless to say I have high expectations but absolutely no agenda (which I think ensures a good trip) for our time there.  We have a golf cart to drive around and the projected high temperatures are anticipated to be only in the low to mid 70's. Aaaah....I'm planning to read some books and sit very still in the reclining lawn chair under the awning during some of my stay.  If a glass of Lolaila sangria happens to jump in my hand, all the better.

Okay, on to the meals I'm planning to make over this weekend to take with us.  I just want to have everything prepared with as little waste as possible because most of our "treats" will more than likely be purchased in the parks.





SUNDAY

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Rice
Green Veggie

MONDAY
baked spaghetti
Garlic Bread
Salad

TUESDAY
YOYO-I'm packing!

WEDNESDAY
ARRIVE AT WDW!!



Lists of Items to Make/Things To Do:
Breakfasts
Eggs and Grits
Grits and Sausages
Bagels/Toast
Fruit

Lunches
Sandwiches
Leftovers
Snacky Type 

Dinner Ideas
Crock Pot Chuck Roast
Marinated Chicken Breasts
Baked Egg Rolls
Grilled Steak
Mushroom Ravioli with a Quick Butter Sauce

I plan to make most things prior to leaving where all that will need to be done is to either start the grill, crockpot, or the oven in the motor home so that dinners are fuss free.  I will serve everything with veggies.  I think my grocery store has packages on sale this week which will be quite convenient.  I'm also going through my pantry for some packages of things that need to be used up.  As a perk for watching the dog at home, I'm making double entrees for the freezer for my older son.  That way he won't have to cook or shop.
Hope y'all have a great Spring Break, I know I will :D
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com




Comments

  1. You sound super organized and ready for a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean, I think I'm more so than usual because I want to only do what I want to do...like sit on that lawn chair with minimal movement :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment