Asiago Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Sandwich Meal Review

My favorite extravagant grocery, The Fresh Market, plays classical music, has numerous organic fruits and vegetables, bins of bulk items, and......free organic coffee samples.  They have a wonderful selection of prepared items that are hot and cold including an olive bar.  But...the most fantastic part is the bakery and that is where I got my inspiration for this meal.  Tasty!
Ingredients
1/2 Loaf Sun Dried Tomato Asiago Bread
Boar's Head Honey Maple Chicken Thinly Sliced
1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4 Tbs Softened Butter
Slice bread horizontally (my loaf was a little over 1/2).  Spread softened butter over the cut side of the bread.  Layer the meat and cheese on one side of the bread.  Place pieces of bread together and wrap completely in foil.  I placed the sandwich in the refrigerator this time but in the past I have frozen this type of meal with success.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted.  If frozen, increase the cooking time by about 10 minutes.  Slice into desired portions.
I served this with avocado slices and fruit.


Comments