Menu Plan Monday....errr Tuesday 1/1/13


Happy New Year 2013 HD Wallpaper 6
I've been menu planning for a long period of time now, although the last weeks of 2012 were quite difficult here at our household.  I decided that we would eat what we had in the freezer and pantry which kind of worked out.  I mean my frig and freezer are clean, but the success of doing a sort of pantry challenge backfired as we really just ended up eating out numerous times.  Along with my boys, we have decided that eating at home is our paramount goal for at least one month in this new year.  The only variation from this will be on a weekend night after a soccer game and with a Groupon!  Let's just say my eating out budget is now 0.

I'm seriously striving for some happier more settled times in 2013!
May God bless you with happiness, tranquility, and abundance in the new year :o)

TUESDAY
Happy New Year
Roasted Pork With Sauerkraut
Pork Roast with Sauerkraut on Kaiser Rolls
(kaiser rolls, a ring shaped food represents the year coming full circle)
Black Eyed Peas
(represent prosperity)
Cheese Dip
(cause it is leftover from last night)
To Do:  Chop up leftover pork, shop for required weekly groceries.


WEDNESDAY
Baked Tilapia Recipe
Parmesan Baked Tilapia
Rice
Green Beans
Cornbread with Corn Kernels
(supposed to add "richness" to the bread and continue for the rest of the year)
To Do:  Make meatloaf x 2 for a quick freezer meal later in the month


THURSDAY
Ravioli with White Wine Butter Sauce and Asparagus
Garlic Toast
(Homemade on Pita Bread)


FRIDAY
Leftover Night 
or
Cereal
or 
Sandwiches 

I think this menu gets us started on the right path towards eating at home for the next month.  Not horribly boring nor are the recipes difficult to prepare (this is a must for me right now)!
This coming weekend, I plan on doing some serious freezer cooking to keep us on the right path.  I'll update with what I come up with.  
Hope your New Year is starting off grandly!
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com

Comments