Menu Plan Monday 9/24/12

Well, it's another Monday, and while I made a meal plan last week with fantastic, wonderful, and beautiful ideas......I failed :(
I have lots of "reasons" excuses.

  1. My elbow/finger/head/etc, etc hurts.
  2. I'm too busy.
  3. My son has swim practice every night until 8:15, 20 minutes away.
  4. My propane tank is out of gas.
  5. I'm just too tired at the end of the day.
All I have to say is this week, no more excuses.  I am going to cook like a fiend over the weekend in order to avoid the persistent beckoning of easy restaurant food.  I know we will all feel better, be less hungry, and for me, my eyes will be somewhat less swollen since the salt content will be significantly less.  I'll also have some extra money, which is always a good thing.

Okay, here goes.  Positivity and productivity are my focus goals this week!

I say bring on Fall, college football Saturdays, and open window weather :o)


FRIDAY
Clean out the Frig Thin Crust Pizza
(using up leftover olives from The Fresh Market)
Green Salad
To Do:  Clean out frig, chop veggies, put chops in frig.

SATURDAY
Grilled Pork Chops
Parmesan Potatoes
Steamed Broccoli
To Do:  Shop, make hamburger patties, make meatlaof, pre chop onions, peppers, celery, garlic, put chicken in frig and marinade.

SUNDAY
Juicy Lucy Burger
Sliced Lettuce/Tomato
(large batch for weekday lunches)
To Do:  Grill chicken breasts and chop for salad tomorrow, make a dessert for the week, make green salad for tomorrow's dinner, make corn muffins.

MONDAY
Grilled Chicken Salad
Corn Muffins
To Do:  Not much off tomorrow because of late night work.

TUESDAY
Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
Photo Credit
Creamy Baked Taquitos
(swim meet tonight out of town)
Leftover Green Salad
Chopped Tomatoes and Avocado
To Do:  Nothing freezer meal

WEDNESDAY

Photo Credit
Pork Schnitzel
Potato Pancakes
Asparagus
To Do:  Put crockpot together

THURSDAY

Photo Credit
Grits and Grillades
Biscuits
To Do:  Well, I could say I'm gonna bake or chop something....but
we're having freezer food tomorrow so I guess I'll clean up the kitchen!

FRIDAY
Freezer Food Friday

I'm hoping that I haven't been too ambitious in planning the menu this week.  Nothing is difficult nor requires a lot of prep that won't already be done.  
Keeping my fingers crossed.
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com




Comments