Pizza Easy


We found some flatbread "Crostinini" crusts in our local Big Lots.  They are vacuum sealed and don't require any refrigeration until opened.  On a Friday night, when I had nothing planned, I pulled one package out of the cabinet and decided to give them a try.  I made a Pesto turkey version, and a Barbecue chicken pie.  I even made a dessert pizza with banana, honey, peanut butter and nutella.  Yum!  We had leftover pesto in the frig, a small amount of pre cooked chicken in the freezer, leftover turkey cold cuts, red onion, olives, barbecue sauce, bacon bits, mozzarella, and cheddar cheeses. All of the items for the dessert pizza were things hanging out in the pantry. The only instruction for the crostinini, is to preheat the oven to 400 degrees add the toppings and bake for approximately 10 minutes.  Three crusts are in a package and the price at Big Lots was $2.80.  I figure even with all of the toppings, each pizza only cost approximately, $3.  You really can't get a pizza around here for less than $5, and the ingredients are things that we all like and are pronouncable.
Being who I am...I made a trip back to Big Lots over this weekend, and bought four more packages :D


Comments