Things I made to keep my sons from begging food from the neighbors :)

My children, who do complain on a regular basis that there is no food in our house (even though there is), sat me down for a serious intervention of sorts the other day.  They looked me straight in the eye and said, "you know you haven't really cooked in over a week?", to which I shrugged and said "we had stuff didn't we?".  Apparently I was a little testy in my answer, cause they said "well, we were just saying".  After a few minutes where I grumbled under my breath about the fact that I always feel like I'm planning, shopping, cooking, or cleaning up from a meal, I decided to do a massive freezer fill up over the next several weeks.  Not only will this solidify a plan for me, but it will allow my boys to do some of the cooking.  Some of the things I plan to do are really simple, like pre grating cheese, and cutting veggies for quick week night dinners.  These are all simple things that "life" seems to have taken away.  However, if I do these things, I can ensure that we will actually eat a veggie with our dinner each night.  So here's what's freezing and in the frig.

  1. Porcupine Meatballs
  2. Meatloaf
  3. Pre-roasted chopped chicken breasts
  4. Cake 
  5. Green Peppers chopped
  6. Onions chopped
  7. Chicken Salad (in the frig)
  8. Pasta Salad (in the frig)
  9. Birthday Dessert (in the frig)
  10. Baking Ham for freezer and lunches.
  11. Broccoli chopped (in the frig)
  12. Squash chopped (in the frig)
  13. Strawberries washed and hulled (1/2 in frig, 1/2 in freezer)
  14. Onions chopped (in the frig)
Next week, I intend to make at least another couple freezer meals that are processed by me, with no extra ingredients that I can't pronounce.
Here's some ideas I found out there:

  1. Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts
  2. Sour Cream Enchiladas
  3. Stuffed Peppers--I'm gonna pick some peppers up at the Farmer's Market.
I'm also hoping to pick some blackberries at a local grower's house this week or next.  Then I'll be making all kinds of fruit desserts!

  1. Fruit Dessert--Absolutely!
  2. Fruit Crisp
  3. Freezer Jam
I know, considering my track record recently, this is completely unbelievable but.....everybody needs a goal, right?

Comments