Sourdough Baguette Sandwich Review


This is really a recipe idea based on a baby/wedding shower one that my Mom used to make for just about every event.  The ingredient amounts are customizable but you'll get the idea.  I typically make this whenever I buy a sourdough or other specialty type loaf and I have lunch meat that needs to be eaten.  You absolutely could use homemade bread and leftover meats from a previous dinner.  Heck, you could make the bread and meat fresh just to enjoy this sandwich :)



  • Slice baguette type loaf lengthwise.
  • Mix melted butter (approximately 2 tbs for a small whole loaf) with garlic powder, dash of worcestershire sauce, dried minced onion or onion powder, salt, and pepper.  Adjust amounts for size of loaf.
  • Brush loaf with mixture
  • Add meats and cheeses.
  • Wrap loaf with foil, bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melty and bread toasty.  Approximately 30 minutes.

Like I said, this recipe is completely customizable, leave out stuff, add stuff.  It's yours to do with what you want.  I find its very popular with the neighborhood kids around here!

Enjoy :)

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday at beautyandbedlam.com

Comments