Menu Plan Monday 3/5/12



Last week's meals went pretty good with the exception of Wednesday.  Boy #2 forgot to plug in the crockpot and we ate cereal, salad, and a variety of leftover stuff for dinner.  It was really okay since none of us were very hungry and sometimes cereal just hits the spot.  Needless to say Thursday's meal was bumped to another day.  I've searched Pinterest and am finally going to make some of the recipes I've been pinning (been trying to do this for weeks).  Since I have a little extra time, I'm going to do some prep cooking and keep "the boys" eating home-cooked, satisfying foods for the next week.
The star from last week was the breakfast casserole that we made.  I actually put it together with the hash browns partially frozen, and then didn't even cook it on the allotted day, it was still very tasty.  I reduced the amount of eggs to 8 and it remained moist.  I also used ham and pepper jack cheese instead of the bacon and the cheddar that the recipe calls for.  It truly would work for breakfast, brunch, or a dinner meal.  
Thanks for stopping by and hope your week is full of good things!




SATURDAY

Photo Credit
Crazy Cooking Challenge
Spaghetti with Red Sauce
Steamed Broccoli
Garlic Bread

(Pinterest)
Rice
Roasted Vegetables
Chocolate Cake
To Do:  Bake chicken breasts for lunches this week, pack lunch, laundry (again), cut veggies, make slow cooker enchiladas.


MONDAY
Slow Cooker Layered Enchilada Dinner
Photo Credit
Slow Cooker Layered Enchiladas
Corn
To Do:  Put steak in frig for slow defrost.


TUESDAY
Amazing marinade my friend uses! I can't wait to use it Sunday! Yummy! FOr London Broil/ Flank Steaks
Photo Credit
London Broil
(Pinterest)
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Sauteed Green Beans
To Do:  Having leftovers, freezer stuff etc. so just tell kids to eat regular breakfast items.


WEDNESDAY

Photo Credit
Leftover Buffet
To Do:  Put chicken in frig.


THURSDAY

Chicken and Vegetables
Rice
To Do:  Nothing, freezer food Friday, or if I get ambitious, I'll cook whatever I find at the grocery.


FRIDAY
?


as always....
happy Monday :o)
This post is linked to orgjunkie.com







Comments