Oven Taco Review

I FINALLY made the oven tacos that I found over at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.  For some reason, when they appeared on my menu, I just ended up making something else.
Well.....let me just say, I ate 4.....you read right, 4 tacos.  They are really good and a great way to take advantage of BOGO sales on taco kits.  For my family of four, here is what I did.

OVEN TACOS
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1 package of taco seasoning
1/4-1/2 cup water
1 can vegetarian refried beans
1/2-3/4 grated monterey jack cheese
1 package of taco sauce

Brown and drain ground beef.  Add taco seasoning and water and allow to simmer until thickened and flavors have combined.  Mix in beans until thoroughly combined.  In a baking dish with sides (so the tacos will stand up) fill the shells with 1 heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture.  Top each taco with a small amount of cheese and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 12-15 minutes until  shells are crispy and cheese is melted.
Serve with taco sauce.
(all of this was included in the kit)
Makes 12 tacos

(and yes, the boy that was at work only got 2....I'm so, so sorry...no really, there is not a tad bit of sarcasm in that sentence.  He won't starve, there is other stuff to eat....I made another wholesome American classic also....Hamburger Helper :p)

Comments