Eggplant Parmesan Review

So as our my New Year's Resolution plays out this month, we have eaten one fantabulous vegetarian dish.  I stumbled across these eggplant cutlets when I was doing my weekly shopping trip this last week.  They are so good, this dish will remain on our permanent rotation.  I actually thought that the boys wouldn't eat this without a taste test, so along with the eggplant, I made a chicken shells dinner.  One small one to fill them up and one for the freezer.  To my amazement, they wanted the eggplant, and there were absolutely NO leftovers!
This is what the box looks like....
Slide 5
(Look in the lower right corner)
I just layered the frozen cutlets with a jarred sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.  I baked the dish covered with foil for about 35 minutes at 350 degrees.  I then uncovered the dish and baked until the cheese was bubbly and browned.  It was such a simple dish, and so, so yummy.   The quote from my boys was "Who said I didn't like eggplant?"  
Hah!  "Vegetarian" night is typically a dirty word around here :p

Comments