Homemade Apple Sauce

I used the recipe found at crockpot365.blogspot.com as a basic guide for this delighful dish. I have eaten this two mornings in a row for breakfast and plan on eating it for two more (that is if any of it is left).  Here is the recipe exactly as I made it!

CROCKPOT CHUNKY APPLESAUCE
5 sliced and cored Granny Smith apples (I used the smaller ones that come in a bag)
4 sliced and cored Gala apples (same smaller ones)
2 tbs brown sugar
1/3 cup water (my apples were a little dryer than usual)
2 packets of True Lemon or 1 tbs lemon juice
1-2 tsp real vanilla
Cinnamon to taste (I added about 1 tsp although I didn't really measure)
  1. Place apples in a 4 quart slow cooker.
  2. Add remainder of ingredients and stir to combine.
  3. Cook on low for 4 hours, use potato masher or Pampered Chef Mix N Chop to chop softened apples.
  4. Cook on high for about 2 more hours, stirring occasionally until a desired consistency.
Serve warm or...and to be extra yummy.....add a little whipped cream.  Store remainder in the refrigerator.  It is also delicious cold!

Comments