French Dip Review

Okay, I don't normally rant and rave about a crockpot recipe......yes, I know they are super simple and convenient.  They come in so handy when I'm not home and the hungry monsters that I live with are clamoring for food, but unless its soup, or chili (which sometimes is better slow cooked for hours), I'm usually just not thrilled.  Actually, the best thing I can say, is that the crock fills a need.
With that being said, this recipe was FANTASTIC!  I'd say you could even customize the seasonings if you feel the need!
Enjoy.


FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
1 2lb London Broil Beef Steak
1 can Campbell's French Onion Soup
1 can Campbell's Beef Consomme soup
1 12oz can beer (any kind, I used Lite)
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
Pepper Jack Cheese
Crusty Rolls or Bread
Horseradish Sauce (optional)

In a 4 quart crockpot, place the beef (I had to cut mine in half).  Pour soups and beer over the top, add seasonings.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Remove meat from broth.  Slice meat across the grain (it doesn't fall apart) and place back in the broth.  Use any crusty bread and pile the meat and cheese on top.  Broil until brown and bubbly.  Serve with horseradish sauce and broth for dipping.
The broth is not fatty at all due to the lean cut of meat and even tastes great when heated the next day.

Comments