"Brown" Rice

Although I'm not a big proponent of cream of or condensed canned soup, this recipe is one of my favorites from my childhood.  It may have originated from the back of a can or may even still be on the back of a can.....I don't really know.  But I love, love, love it!  My Mom made this at a recent family gathering and combined with a soup sale....I decided to make it too.  My only change to the way that Mom makes it, is to cover the casserole dish during the baking time to keep the rice on top from becoming crunchy.


"BROWN" RICE
1 CAN CAMPBELL'S BEEF CONSOMME SOUP
1 CAN CAMPBELL'S FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 CUP WHITE RICE

Combine above ingredients in an oiled casserole dish that has a heatproof cover.  Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.  The onions in the soup will be on top.  It's not necessarily appetizing in looks but.....it tastes really good and is a very thrifty dish when paired with a great soup stockup sale.  I baked mine for 1 hour exactly.

Comments