Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake



I had a Krusteaz box of Snickerdoodle cookie mix in my cabinet and well,  I needed something sweet!  I didn't have the patience to actually make cookies, but as I was perusing the box, a recipe jumped out at me.  Of course, I didn't have all the ingredients...so guess what?  I changed it....imagine that.  It turned out to be the most scrumptious coffee cake, and now I'm writing it down so I don't forget what I did.  I think next time I will add some lemon zest to the base mix for extra added flavor.

Blueberry Snickerdoodle Coffee Cake
1 box Krusteaz brand Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
1 stick butter softened
1 egg
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup coconut flakes
Package of Cinnamon Sugar from box mix

Mix flour package, egg, and butter until a dough forms (hands work best).  Fold blueberries in gently.  Pat mixture in the bottom of an 8 inch deep sided cake pan.  Layer coconut over the dough and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.  Bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted to middle comes out clean.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday and Ultimate Recipe Swap at Lifeasamom.com

Comments