Easy Taco Chicken

Oh my....simple, simple, simple.  Since I have been shopping almost exclusively at Aldi for the last few weeks.  I decided to give their meat department one more try.  You see, I haven't had the best luck with buying their whole chickens and cooking them.  They seem to be almost on the verge of being bad rotten as soon as the slow defrost in the frig was complete, but I decided to give them one more try.  I purchased the individual frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts and decided to cook them immediately in the crock pot.  The result was a definite must do again.


Taco Chicken 
1 bag frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 tbs taco seasoning
1 tbs cumin
2 cans Rotel type tomatoes undrained
Place frozen breasts in a 4 quart crock pot, add seasonings, and tomatoes.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours, stirring occasionally to distribute seasonings.  Refrigerate overnight.  Remove from frig and allow meat to become room temperature sitting for approximately 40 minutes.  Shred chicken and either use immediately for recipe or freeze flat for later use.  Discard cooking liquid (or at least I did).


******REVIEW*****
This meat was moist, tender, and very flavorful.  I will make this to keep in the freezer for recipes.  It's so simple to prepare and very tasty :o)

Comments