Cream Cheese Enchiladas Tabby Style

Photo courtesy of  eatathomecooks.com
I followed the recipe found here, but as usual....the gremlins in my house somehow inhaled the black bean corn salsa that the recipe calls for.  So knowing me as I know me, this is only room for interpretation :)  Here are the changes I made.


Cream Cheese Enchiladas
3 chicken breasts cooked with taco/rotel tomatoes in the crock pot shredded
1 pkg cream cheese
1 small can (7 oz) Herdez Ranchero Salsa (very spicy)
1 10oz can Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
4 burrito size flour tortillas
5 small taco size flour tortillas
2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese


In a smallish bowl cut cream cheese into chunks/cubes, add Ranchero salsa and microwave 1-2 minutes until cream cheese is melted and able to be incorporated into the salsa.  Add mixture to the shredded chicken and combine thoroughly.  Warm tortillas in microwave until pliable.  Add 2-4 tbs of the chicken mixture (depending on the size of the tortilla) to the center of the tortilla and wrap.  In a 11x13 (sprayed with cooking spray) baking dish, place filled tortillas with wrap side down.  When all tortillas are placed, pour green enchilada sauce (10oz) over.  Place shredded cheese over the top and bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.


NOTE:  I refrigerated mine overnight so the bake time was increased by about 20 minutes over the original recipe which states to bake for 20-30 minutes.


 ****REVIEW****
Woo Wee......we are making this one again.  I really think that the changes that I made are really to our family's tastes.  The Ranchero salsa is very spicy so beware if you choose to make it the way that I did!

Comments