Menu Plan Monday 4/4/11


I'm going to try something different this week.....I think I'm going to take all of our dinner plans and gather our menu from one place....my old recipes.  With being off the majority of last week, I know that work will be crazy and I need easy, easy, easy.  If you've followed my blog at all this last week, you know that everything I made, wasn't bad, but it just wasn't spectacular.  So I'm going old school with no new recipes, just tried and true favorites!


SATURDAY
Great Northern Bean and Turkey Sausage 
Stew
Cornbread
To Do:  Put chops in frig for defrost, make marinara sauce, get fruit and veggies.

SUNDAY
Pasta with Marinara Sauce
Toasted Deli Flats
(Noone was home, so no big dinner, we'll put that on Monday or Wednesday)
Grilled Seasoned Pork Chops
Noodles
Sauteed Squash and Onions
Green Salad
To Do:  Make enough for leftovers and lunches.  Put chicken in frig for defrost, make egg salad, potato salad.

MONDAY
Pesto Chicken Pasta 
Steamed Broccoli
Garlic Bread
To Do:  Put cubed steak in frig.

TUESDAY
(we only make the meat)
Mashed Potatoes
Baby Lima Beans
Crescent Rolls
To Do:  Make lunch, make cake with kids.

WEDNESDAY
Leftover/Cereal/Sandwich Night
To Do:  Put ham in frig for defrost

THURSDAY
Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Ham
Peas
To Do:  Make lunch.

FRIDAY
Frozen Pizza 
or Grocery Store Find

We're running particularly low on meats, and the last few weeks, I have relied on previously cooked and frozen chicken, etc.  I'm hoping that a deal will show up on the next round of grocery store circulars.  I'll take a loss leader any day and won't even be tempted to buy anything else.  Otherwise, the boys around here are going to become very familiar with a vegetarian diet :o)

Thanks for stopping by today and................
as always.....
Happy Monday :o)




Comments