Taco Pizza Review

Oh, I forgot how good this simple meal can be.  Before I became, recipe trying/embellishing obsessed, I made this quite frequently for our "semi-homemade" pizza nights.  Feel free to use a homemade crust. (I'm sure it would be even better)  Tonight, I attempted to make my own, but unfortunately the truth is.....I stink at pizza crust.  My husband makes much, much better, even though I attempt to follow his instructions.  I make really good bread....what is my problem with pizza crust??????  Waaaaa......


Taco Pizza
1 tube refrigerated "thin" pizza crust
1 lb hamburger
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
1/4 onion chopped
2 envelopes taco seasoning
sour cream
water
iceberg lettuce chopped
grape tomatoes halved
sharp cheddar cheese grated (I like to grate my own)

On a greased rectangular cookie sheet, spread ready made or homemade crust.  In a preheated 400 degree oven, pre bake crust until golden brown, about 7 minutes.  Allow to cool.  
Brown hamburger, onion, and green pepper until cooked through, drain.  Add taco seasoning and the called for amount of water + 1/2 more.  Allow to cook the required amount of time, although mostly uncovered so that the sauce evaporates slightly and becomes thicker than it would normally.
Top pre cooked crust with taco meat mixture and sharp cheddar cheese.  Return to the oven and cook for about another 8 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and crust is very brown.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.  Spread sour cream over entire pizza.  Top with chopped lettuce and tomatoes.  Serve with salsa over the top.

Comments