Stuffed Peppers Risotto





As usual.......I didn't follow the recipe.
Surprise, Huh?  This is my starting point, but in my defense, I can't unplug my computer so I can't bring it into the kitchen. Oh well, it is what it is, and here's my version.


STUFFED PEPPERS RISOTTO

1 cup long grain rice cooked and drained
2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
1 cup cooked chopped chicken
4 red or yellow peppers seeded and cut down the middle boiled for 3 minutes drained and cooled.
1/2 cup parmesan cheese shaky kind is okay
salt
pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup homemade chicken stock
1/4 cup half and half
shaved parmesan--a veggie peeler works great

Boil peppers for 3 minutes, remove from water and allow to drain.  Mix remaining ingredients reserving shaved parmesan for topping.  Stuff pepper halves and place shaved parmesan on top.  Cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Next time I will increase the liquid a bit for the filling.  I also will cook the peppers for about 6 minutes prior to stuffing and decrease the oven time to just heat through.  Other than that, I would say that this is my most favorite stuffed pepper recipe ever!



Comments