Belgian Waffle Recipe

A waffle stand! LOL

I didn't get this posted last week when we had the waffles.  I was waiting my turn on the laptop......... dang kids!
Before I started blogging all of my recipes to keep them in one place, I made a notebook to keep all of the things that I wanted to try.  Unfortunately, I didn't always make sure that I printed out the source.  So, to whomever this recipe belongs, I thank you.  It turns out beautifully every time. 


BELGIAN WAFFLES
1/2 cup warm water
1 pkg dry yeast
In a really large bowl, mix the water and yeast and allow to sit for about 5 minutes.  To the bowl add the following:
2 cups warm (not hot) milk
1 stick butter melted
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
Mix these items really well (I use a whisk).  Cover large bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight.
It should look like this....


Add:
2 eggs
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Mix well, use the same whisk :)
Use the recommended amount added to a hot waffle iron.
Serve with your choice of toppings.
We had a simple homemade blueberry syrup using almost over-ripe fruit.

This post is linked to:


Comments

  1. Wow! This recipe looks like something we'll be trying soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment