After all of this time.....

I eat yogurt every day for lunch.  The brand that I did eat, I really loved, and I never imagined that I would make a change.  Alas, it wasn't me that changed, but the manufacturer made a "new and improved" version which is entirely too sweet.  Not only that, the caloric count increased by at least one third.  
And then, I thought "By George, I have it!"  Buy plain yogurt in a larger tub thereby saving money and controlling the sweetness {Duh}.  My favorite way to eat the plain yogurt is with a drizzle of honey.  As a matter of fact, I could say that I absolutely love, love, love this, and I just can't imagine why it took me so long to discover it!  I've even converted my skeptical boy dominated family :D
I also have even gone on to develop the "fruit on the bottom" version.  I just use frozen or needs to be used up fruit cooked down with either honey/sugar, vanilla, and a squeeze of lemon juice with some zest.  I allow this to cook for about 10 minutes, cool, then store in the refrigerator.  This concoction will stay good for about a week.  When I want to have some, I put a small amount of the fruit mixture on the bottom of a container (Pampered Chef 1 cup glass resealable) then add the plain yogurt over the top and stir right before eating. 
I can not say enough about how much better this is.......now if I can just find a deal on milk, maybe I'll make my own yogurt.
This discovery of mine is by no means rocket science, but it thrilled my soul.  
It's the small things :0)

Comments