Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fettuccine with Proscuitto and Sage Cream






This recipe was originally an Apron's Meal from my local grocery store, Publix.  I know it seems crazy, but I had never cooked with sage before because of some preconceived ideas about the taste. 
After tasting the Publix version in the store, I was completely surprised!  I just decided at that moment, we were having pasta with sage for dinner.
Here's my version.






FETTUCCINE WITH PROSCUITTO AND SAGE CREAM
12 oz sliced baby portobello mushrooms
4 slices bacon chopped
1 small jar roasted red peppers, chopped fine
2 cups homemade chicken stock
2 cups precooked chicken 
1 cup prepared (or homemade) alfredo sauce
(I used a sun dried tomato version)
1 box Fettuccine or other long noodle-cooked and drained
10 sage leaves sliced thinly
Parmesan Cheese
Salt 
Pepper

In a dry skillet place sliced mushrooms and chopped bacon.  Allow to cook until desired doneness (we like ours browned a bit), add chicken and chopped peppers, allow to warm through, 1-2 minutes.  Add chicken stock, alfredo sauce, salt, pepper, and sage.  Allow to come to a boil then reduce heat to a high simmer until the sauce thickens a bit.  Add to hot cooked noodles with parmesan cheese on top.  We liked ours with cayenne pepper sprinkled over.  I also wouldn't recommend adding salt if using premade chicken stock and or proscuitto/ham-we didn't have any so I embellished with bacon.  Just use the most important tool in the kitchen....your tastebuds, to adjust the seasonings.
Enjoy!


This post is linked up at Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy Tuesday

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds so delicious, right up my alley with the mushrooms and red peppers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete