Fajita Seasoning Review



I know, I know, the menu plan said chicken fajitas.....but  there was a deal on some round steak that I just couldn't pass up.  We used this recipe tonight.  My only change would be to add double the amount of salt, although I used a significant amount of onions and green peppers and didn't season them thoroughly so that may have had something to do with it.


*****OR....I could have had lots of kids, animals, and a husband talking to me at the same time and forget to add the chicken bouillon cube which would have cured the salty issue!

FAJITAS SEASONING
from Food.com with my changes, embellishments
1 tbs cornstarch
2 tsp chili powder
1-2 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sugar
1 chicken bouillon cube, crushed (I forgot to add)
1/2 tsp onion powder (I was out, didn't add)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

I used approximately 1 1/2 lbs round steak sliced into thin strips.  The volume of seasoning was perfect for this amount of meat.  I put the steak in a bowl and sprinkled the ingredients over and mixed with hands well.  I cooked the meat at a high temperature with 1-2 tbs vegetable oil, then added the precooked veggies back in.
Serve with all of the usual fajitas toppings in a flour shell.


Comments