John McCain's Rib Review and My Crockpot Rib Recipe

Mmmmmm......not so good was this recipe.  Of course, I changed it by not using ribs with bones, as much salt as the recipe called for, and I didn't brown the meat first.  Maybe if I followed the recipe more closely, we wouldn't have been left feeling that "something was missing".  The flavor isn't bad but next time we make country ribs, we will follow my tried and true recipe!


Crockpot Rib Recipe
2-3 lbs country style pork ribs
1 bottle barbeque sauce (we prefer sweeter styles)
1 onion chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
Garlic Powder
Seasoned Salt
Pepper


Season ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Place ribs, onion, and green pepper in 4-6 quart sprayed crock pot.  Pour barbeque sauce over.  Turn crock pot on low and cook for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.  Depending on how your crock cooks, keep an eye on the meat....overdone pork becomes dry and sawdust like!

Comments