Pear Bread

This recipe really worked especially since I had numerous pears that were very ripe.  I pulled the first easy recipe that I saw off of Google and made it!  I didn't change a thing, however next time I will probably exchange the vegetable oil for at least half butter for even more flavor.  It must not have been lacking too much as after it was cooled a little bit, I was asked numerous times to cut more!  The boys are definitely old enough to cut their own bread, but they make a mess of the loaf if left to their own devices.


This is the easy, peasy recipe from here.


PEAR BREAD
2 or 3 fresh pears
1/2 c. salad oil

1 c. sugar

2 eggs

1/4 c. sour cream

2 c. flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. soda

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/2 c. chopped nuts


Instructions
Pare and halve and core pears. Chop to get one cup of fruit. Beat oil and sugar together; blend well. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to sugar mixture. Blend well. Add nuts and pears and mix. Bake at 350 degrees in greased 9x5 loaf pan 1 hour. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan.

Comments