This post is really for easy access for me, although heading over to lynnskitchenadventures.com is always a treat. I made this pie exactly as the below recipe states and didn't add the lime zest either. I really liked this dessert although for my family it's a little bit "tart" for their delicate taste buds.
Key Lime Pie
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ cup lime juice, 3 or 4 limes
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust ( I used a gluten free crust)
- Whisk yolks in a medium bowl about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the condensed milk until smooth, then whisk in lime juice. Cover the mixture and set aside at room temperature until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the thickened filling into pie crust.
- Bake pie at 325 for 15-18 minutes or until the center is firm, but still slightly jiggles when shaken.
- Cool on a wire rack, about 1 hour, then refrigerate until the filling is chilled and set, about 3 hours.