Pork Scallopine Recipe Review



This recipe makes my heart go pitter patter!
The pork is tender, flavorful and the sauce has just the perfect amount of tang!  I'm pretty sure I'll get a gold star from the family tonight!
I used red wine vinegar instead of the balsamic, and also used pimientos instead of the roasted red peppers.  I don't think it could be any better though!  Most of the ingredients, I keep on hand.  Even though I used homemade chicken stock instead of the canned, I didn't add any salt.  The vinegar just brightens the natural flavor of the pork.
You should have this tonight!

RED WINE VINEGAR PORK SCALLOPINE
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Oct/Nov 2010 edition

3 lbs pork loin boneless chops (I had a roast and sliced into chops)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (I may have used less, didn't measure, just made sure chops were coated)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbs butter
1 medium onion chopped
1 small jar pimiento peppers undrained
5 garlic cloves pressed
1 cup chicken broth (I used homemade but canned would work)
2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp pepper

Dredge pork chops in flour or place all in a plastic bag and shake well.  Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; add pork and brown in batches.  Remove to a plate.
Add onion and pimientos and saute until onion tender.  Add garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.  Add the broth, vinegar and pepper.  Return pork to the pan , layering if necessary.

Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.  I turned the stove off and allowed the pork to cool in the pan with the top on while I did some housework.

The recipe suggests serving with noodles, but we are going to serve the pork over yellow rice!

 I linked up over at beautyandbedlam.com .  Take a look over at this fantabulous site for other great recipes!

Comments