Peach Pie in the Crockpot



I've made this recipe numerous times since I found it on the website crockpot365.blogspot.com, and it never fails to make Boy #1's mouth water.  He has requested it this weekend, so after I shopped and purchased some Baking Mix......I made it for him.  For some reason when I try to look up the recipe every time I make it, I can't remember the name because it really isn't pie; more of a crisp.  Because of that reason, I'm making an entire post for easy accessibility!  I haven't included the nutmeg or allspice because they weren't in my pantry, but I imagine it would be yummy if I did.

--2 cans sliced peaches with the juice (15 oz cans)
--1 1/2 cups Bisquick-type mix 
--1/2 cup brown sugar
--2 T melted butter
--1 t vanilla
--1/2 tsp cinnamon
--1/4 tsp nutmeg
--1/4 tsp allspice

The Directions.

I used a 4-quart crockpot

Dump the canned peaches into the bottom of the crock.

In a separate bowl, melt the butter, then add the dry ingredients and vanilla.

Stir with a fork to combine. The topping will be crumbly. I didn't even attempt to work it with my hands to create a smooth crust. I do think it would work, though, if you added some more butter.

Pour mixture on top of peaches, and press down with your hands (I didn't do this, because I didn't want to get gooky, but I probably should have).

Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. The pie is done when it has begun to brown on the edges and the fruit is bubbly and looks like the juice has caramelized a bit.

Comments