Menu Plan Monday 9/20/10

Another week not sticking with the meal plan after Wednesday.  My days are later than before (which I'm having a really hard time adjusting to).  We are used to eating between 5 and 5:30pm and my 6:30, 7pm timetable isn't making some boys that I know very happy.  So for kicks and giggles, Dad is in charge of dinner this week.  I'm still planning for him, but since he is actually home earlier, he can start the cooking process so our dinner will be on he table  closer to our normal time.  I am off on Tuesday's so I'll help him out a bit and prep for the days ahead.
On another note, my experiment with not coupon shopping, worked out!  Aldi is  a viable source to save money.  I think the slightly limited options work in your favor when planning your menu.  No brand names to confuse the issue.  My average expenditure for the last 4 weeks was just about the same as if I clipped coupons, matched up sales, and sought out the deals at two different grocery stores.  Alas, we need some things that Aldi doesn't carry, so I'll be shopping at my normal Publix this week  
I'm linking up here with lots of others who inspire me to save time and money by meal planning!


SUNDAY
Shrimp and Grits
Broccoli 
5 Grain Italian Bread

MONDAY
Teriyaki Grilled Chicken Breasts
Macaroni and Cheese
Asparagus

TUESDAY
Marinated Center Cut Pork Chops
Rice
Green Veggie

WEDNESDAY
Spaghetti with Sausage
Green Salad
Garlic Toast

THURSDAY
Juicy Lucy Burgers
Mine are almost exactly the same but I used cheddar and froze the patties.  Put them straight on the grill and the cheese stays on the inside.
**Beware--Let burgers rest for about 5-10 minutes to keep your mouth safe!
Roasted Potato Wedges
Green Veggie

FRIDAY
Hubbie's Choice--Hopefully Homemade Pizza ;)

A very simple week ahead.  Since both my husband and myself are working....we'll make it easy for ourselves.  Thanks for stopping by today and as always.............
Happy Monday :)












Comments

  1. We've started noticing that it's a little more difficult to stick with the plan later in the week, too - for us, anyway, I think I tend to be a little more ambitious on Sunday morning, when I'm planning, than I am on Thursday evening, when I'm tired and hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jucy lucy burgers are so tasty! That's wonderful you'll get some extra help this week from hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment