Easy Marinara Sauce Review





As usual, I didn't have exactly the right ingredients, and of course I adjusted those I did have.
However, the result is delicious, and I have a freezer meal stashed for busy or "I just don't want to cook" nights.


Here are the adjustments I made.


1 chopped onion sauteed in 1/4 cup olive oil
1 large can tomato sauce (I must have picked that up instead of crushed)
1 can diced basil, garlic tomatoes drained
1 cup water
1 tbs tomato paste
1 tbs salt
2 tbs dried basil
1 tbs parsley flakes
1 tbs garlic powder
1 heaping tsp red pepper flakes


I cooked my sauce in the crockpot for approximately 4 hours instead of all day, but my crockpot cooks unusually hot.  


When my husband got home from work, I gave him a taste and he proclaimed "Cook me some pasta, now, woman."  


In case you're wondering about how that all worked out.......................
We had pork chops.

Comments