Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats

Okay, sometimes I stumble across good recipes that I only make because I have all of the ingredients in the cabinet.  In this case, it looked kind of good, but I'm not really a Krispy Treat Fan.

I am now!  I found the recipe while browsing over at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.  I was really looking for something to use up rapidly ripening peaches and plums.   Instead of linking, I felt compelled to retype the recipe so I would have it for all eternity!  YUM.

Lynn's Chocolate Rice Krispy Treats

6 Tbs Butter
1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips
8 cups rice crispy cereal

Melt butter, marshmallows, and cocoa powder in a large pot.  Lynn says to remove the pot from the heat and then add cereal first then the chocolate chips.  However, I added the chocolate chips to the marshmallow mixture so that they would melt easier and then added the cereal.  Place the mixture in a buttered 11X13 glass pan and allow to set up.  Mine are just coming to room temperature now, but Lynn says to refrigerate and they will set up better. 
I tasted the still warm mixture and if I wouldn't burn my tongue, I would probably lick the bowl!

You should try these........



Comments