Banana Chocolate Chip Pecan Bars

  • 1 1/2 sticks butter
  • 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 12 oz bag chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Grease a 10”x15” jelly roll pan or spray with cooking spray.  I like to use Baker’s Joy spray.  It has flour in it and does a great job of keeping baked goods from sticking to the pan.  Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer bowl.  Add the eggs and mix until well blended.  Add the vanilla and bananas.
In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add this to the wet ingredients, blending until combined.  Add the chocolate chips and pecans.
Spread the batter into the jelly roll and bake for 25-30 minutes.  I think these would freeze well, if you have more than you can eat.  That never happens to us.  Especially if it’s dessert and if it involves chocolate.
This recipe was reprinted from eatathomecooks.com.  I've made this recipe numerous times and just want to have it on my blog for easy access.  It is very forgiving and sometimes I use an extra egg, just depending on how many ripe bananas I have.  I have also used frozen ripe bananas that I defrosted with great results.
Hope you enjoy it too!

I'm really not sure what my dessert obsession is this week.  I guess I need some "sweetening up".





Comments