Menu Plan Monday 7/5/10


July 4th Edition

Can you believe that July is already here?  It virtually seems impossible that this year is more than half over....but it is!  
Since I always start my meals on Sunday, I'll include what we'll be eating for our Independence holiday.  DH is working for this day, and the kids are going with my sister to the lake.  I can't go because they probably won't be back until really late...and I  just can't stay up that late (and function) since I have to work the next day :(  
On a positive note, the neighbors are getting together for a "shindig" as the kids call it, so I will have some social interaction at least.  Ooh...maybe I'll try and shop some sales in the morning.  Everybody is needing something in the way of clothes, socks, etc. etc.
Once again, I have to thank orgjunkie.com for providing a great venue to keep us eating at home on a consistent basis and not resorting to fast food on the nights that I get home late.  Check it out, it might help you too!

  • SUNDAY--Juicy Lucy Burgers on Potato Rolls, Sliced Tomatoes, Lettuce, Baked BeansNot Yo Mama's Banana Pudding.  To Do:  Prepare chicken breasts for tomorrow, Make pesto and freeze, Cut up veggies for week, Make meatballs for freezer.
  • MONDAY--Baked Parmesan Chicken Breasts, Steamed Mixed Veggies, Rice. To Do:  Put pork tenderloin in the frig to defrost.
  • TUESDAY--Leftover Chicken Quesadillas, Lettuce, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Chopped Lettuce, and Black Beans.  To Do:  Prepare Pork Tenderloin and give directions to kids for cooking.
  • WEDNESDAY--Pork Tenderloin with Garlic Mustard Sauce, Noodles, Beans.  To Do:  Put together crockpot for tomorrow.
  • THURSDAY--Meatballs in Marinara (Crockpot) on Sub Rolls with melted Provolone, Chips or Tater Tots.  To Do:  Nothing...I'm off tomorrow!  Yay!
  • FRIDAY--Not Sure, but I'm going to the Farmer's Market so I'll post what I make, hopefully with pictures.

I've been exploring Food On The Table and I'm trying out some new recipes through their site.  This particular site matches sales at your preferred grocery store with recipes, and allows you to print a grocery list with the items needed to complete your meal.  Pretty neat because.....it's free.  You just can't beat that!

Thanks for stopping by my site today and as always........

HAPPY MONDAY :)

Comments

  1. I love Juicy Lucys! How did they work on July 4? Hope you found some good holiday weekend sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "to do" addition. You're more likely to get tomorrows meal done that way. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The to-do part of the menu is genius!!

    I had to Google Juicy Lucy, and I like what I see. I've made a similar Paula Deen burger with blue cheese and butter in the middle.

    Speaking of Paula, I need to make her pudding again soon. My husband and kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Juicy Lucy burgers turned out Great! I stuffed the patties with cheese then put them in the freezer for a while....it keeps the cheese inside while they are on on the grill.
    Thanks for the comments and I hope you all have a wonderful week too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment