Menu Plan Monday 6/7/10 and Week in Review


We had a really good week and stuck for the most part to the menu plan.  The chicken was moist and really tasty.  I used the leftover chicken to make salad for lunch.  And...when I made it this time, I used a spice rub with paprika, seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and pepper. I used a couple of carrots and two onions to keep the chicken off of the bottom of the crockpot and not in the juice (no boiling) so the end product was GREAT!  After the stock cooled, I skimmed the fat and made what I call "Chicken and Rice without the Chicken"

The lasagna was good but alas, I didn't take a picture because it wasn't ready until about 7.  The boys just couldn't wait!  I absolutely will make this again.  Of course when I make it again, I'll give you all of the tweaking things that I do to make it my own. (and also accommodate the ingredients that I have in my cabinet)

We're trying a couple of new recipes this week, so I'm going to try and post reviews and pictures by the end of the week.....hopefully I'll remember before we eat to take a picture.

SUNDAY
Romaine Salad with Lemon Vinegarette
Whole Wheat Bread

MONDAY
Taco Baked Potatoes
Chopped Iceberg Lettuce(Make extra)
Chopped Tomatoes
Sour Cream
Salsa

TUESDAY
Green Salad--Leftover

WEDNESDAY
Steamed Broccoli

THURSDAY
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Rice
Green Veggie

FRIDAY
Pizza or Porcupine Meatballs
If Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes
Corn



Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog today, and if you are stuck in a rut, visit here  for some great ideas.  Also, I have been writing  a "thankful" series every day that continues through Wednesday.  Feel free to leave me a comment and tell me what inspires thankfulness in you! 

HAPPY MONDAY :)

Comments