Menu Plan Monday 6/14/2010



I'm definitely making some recipes that are easy to prepare and pre make for a stress less week.  It's also pretty important to keep the kitchen cool this week as our temperatures have already graduated to the upper 90's!  Oh wait, I have just been informed that it is Father's Day week so.....my menu is altered to accommodate the oh so delicate male palate. LOL.  Meat and more meat it is.

SUNDAY
Cowboy Nachos
Using a Chuck Roast from the free cow in the freezer.
Pinto beans (freezer)
Chopped Jalapenos from my garden
Tomatoes
Chopped Iceberg Lettuce

MONDAY
Lemon Spaghetti
He let me keep this one because he's a pasta junkie
Green Salad
Leftover Homemade Bread

TUESDAY
Something Green to keep our arteries open

WEDNESDAY
Taco Salad
Corn Muffins


THURSDAY
Italiano Ravioli
Garlic Bread
Steamed Broccoli


FRIDAY
Porcupine Meatballs
Freezer meal, but I learned a valuable lesson, don't try to cook these before freezing.  They stay moist and tender if they are frozen uncooked then slightly defrosted, pan browned, then simmered in the sauce.  I thought I could save time by precooking the meatballs and when time for dinner just defrosting and simmering.  Not so much...edible but a little dry.
Mashed Potatoes
Frozen Green Veggie


Okay, there it is!  Father's Day Edition, leading up to the big day with the finale on Sunday (Ribs, of course). This is a present to DH since usually he has to eat what I choose.
Thanks to Laura for hosting this great tool for simplifying dinner time. 


AND AS ALWAYS....
HAPPY MONDAY ;)

Comments