Tuesday Dinner and Stuff

Knowing that I'm making Pesto Chicken Pasta tonight and the fact that I'm growing basil in the backyard....I thought maybe I should check out the trusted internet to find out how to make my basil plant full.  This is especially important to me because.......I needed almost the entire top half to make the pesto for tonight's dinner.  Well, the internet gave me pruning direction which hopefully I interpreted correctly.....
See all the little babies around the edge?  The plant is now about 1/2 its original size and the top was much fuller..

Not so pretty but it tastes really good.  I used walnuts instead of the pine nuts which makes the final product just slightly more bitter.  When I complete the dish later, I don't think it will make much difference, and....

TA DA....

It's very similar to a prepared pesto sauce and just as good.  I used a mix of broccoli, squash, onions, and mushrooms.  Altogether, a success that will be made again!  Unfortunately, I didn't write down any amounts so next time I'll have to pay more attention.  I think the fresh (basil) factor is great.....I may even try to freeze the pesto and see how it does when defrosted.  Has anyone done this?  Let me know, I would love to have some pointers.

Comments