Just a Small Gripe

Typically, there are not two Tabatha's at one place of employment.  Today, the inevitable happened at my work because...there are.  According to a patient's family member, the other Tabatha is apparently a massage therapist(turned nurse), has long flowing hair, and is a little less "stocky" than me.  You know even if you think those things in your mind, do you REALLY say them out loud to the other person?  I don't think so.......because my good Southern Mama would have kicked my butt all over the house if I criticized a person's physical appearance.  She lives by the rule of "keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say" rule, and so do I.  Now, I know in practice that this rule only works approximately 50% of the time but I would never purposefully say something rude about a person's physical appearance.  RAWR!

Needless to say, people, people, out there in blogland, pass this along.......remind your friends, even your enemies.  The best idea when you think something derogatory may slip from your lips.....just bite your tongue, SHHHH, think about what you're saying. 

Or...write a blog about the "stocky" girl you saw at your appointment today, she'll never read it, and feelings will be spared.

I'm now officially off my soapbox. 

Comments

Post a Comment