Menu Plan Monday 3/15/10



 HAPPY 
MONDAY! :)
I made most everything on my list last week through Thursday, after that we have been "winging" it.  My husband decided that we needed pizza on Friday so he made pizza dough and left it for me last night before he went to work.  I am glad that he did because I just so happened to have ricotta cheese, sliced chicken, chopped tomatoes, and pesto sauce in the frig.  I made two pizzas and between Friday night and Saturday morning, I think I ate most of the slices.  I forgot to take a picture of the finished product but trust me, you can't really go wrong with bread and cheese in my book.  And yeah, it was two meals and the pizzas were small.  Rationalizations are working for me right now.  Anyway, on to this week's meals.

SUNDAY
Pork Loin With Bacon and Brown Sugar Glaze*(recipe below)
Rice
Steamed Broccoli
Crescent Rolls

MONDAY
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Veggie Soup(loosely based on this recipe)

TUESDAY
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans with Garlic and Tomatoes

WEDNESDAY
HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY
Corned Beef in the Crockpot
Sauteed Cabbage with Onions
Rye Bread

THURSDAY
Leftovers (Should have some this week)

FRIDAY
Chicken Wings 
Fries

SATURDAY
Steak 
Parmesan Potatoes
Salad


*PORK LOIN WITH BACON AND BROWN SUGAR GLAZE FOUND ON ABOUT.COM.
1 Boneless pork loin, 5-6 lbs
4-6 slices bacon
Rub Mixture:  1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp cinnamon (I significantly reduced this amt)
Glaze:  1 cup light brown sugar, packed, 2 tbs flour, 2 tbs cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp dry mustard

Heat oven to 350.
Place pork loin in a roasting pan.  Combine the rub ingredients and rub over the pork.  Cut each strip of bacon in half crosswise and lay them over the pork loin.  Roast for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the pork registers about 150 degrees.  In the meantime, combine the brown sugar, flour, cider vinegar, and dry mustard in a saucepan.  Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 1 minute.  Spoon over the pork and return to the oven.  Roast for about 15-20 minutes longer or until pork registers 160 degrees.
Serves 6-8.

As always, thanks for stopping by, and thanks to orgjunkie for hosting MPM every week.
 


 


Comments