Menu Plan Monday Week 12/28/09

I know, i know, i know....Menu Planning is good and saves me $$$$$.  That is the reason why I am carefully trying to match my coupons with the sales as I haven't shopped in about three weeks.  If it was just me, I could make do for at least another two weeks with only a run to the store for bread and milk but the kids start complaining about my creative vegetarian meals eg: noodles and parmesan cheese, with some butter for flavor.  Okay here goes, and check out more menus at orgjunkie.com.


SUNDAY--Shrimp and Fish pan seared, rice pilaf, creamed spinach
MONDAY--Beef Empanadas,, chipotle corn, salad
TUESDAY--Grilled pork chops, scalloped potatoes, green beans (husband requested)
WEDNESDAY--Thai stir fry, rice
THURSDAY--New Year's Eve, Grilled Hamburgers with Feta Cheese, parmesan potatoes (recipe below) ,veggie
FRIDAY--New Year's Day neighborhood party, baked brie, smoked chicken


Parmesan Potatoes
4 Medium size Idaho potatoes, sliced very thinly
2 Tbs Butter or margarine
Parmesan Cheese
Pepper


Tear foil  approximately one foot in length (4 separate sheets one for each potato).  Lay potatoes vertically with edges overlapping on the foil.  Dot the top with butter, sprinkle generously with pepper and parmesan cheese.  Seal foil packet.  Place in a 375 degree oven and bake approximately 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. 

Comments