Surprise, Surprise, Surprise Tuesday

When you pick a recipe to try....you never really know what you're gonna get, especially when you follow the recipe exactly as written.  Needless to say the first try is usually okay, but next time I will add _____.  However, the sloppy cheeseburger recipe was really a simple, quick, good weeknight supper.  The only improvisation that I did was add monterey jack with peppers velveeta brand cheese instead of the plain kind, because that is what I had.  The mixture is really thick so I scooped it onto buns with a cookie scoop.  I believe this could be made on the stovetop with the same results.  To me, this is important because I'm at work for longer than the 3-4 hour cook time in the crockpot.
Oh yeah, I added some sauteed peppers and onions to the top!

Comments