Applesauce Muffins


Can you see the little weiner dog underneath just hoping that one of these might fall on the ground?  This recipe for the most part turned out really good...I ate 1 1/2, boys ate 2 each.  When I make it again, I think a cinnamon streusel topping is called for!  I found the recipe on Heavenly Homemakers.com

APPLESAUCE BREAD (I made muffins)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rapadura or 1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter, melted
Mix dry ingredients (I sifted mine all together for a lighter texture).  Make a well in the center and add applesauce, eggs, sweetener, and butter.  Stir well.  Pour into a buttered bread pan.  Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees, or util a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

The changes I made were the sifting, I added honey for sweetener, no nutmeg (I didn't have any, used a small amt of pumpkin pie spice), only had about 3 tbs of melted butter, and last but not least, I made muffins.  I baked them at 350 degrees for approximately 23 minutes, but I started testing them at 20 minutes. 

UPDATE--Made them again and used apple butter for most of the applesauce amount, and added cinnamon sugar the the top before baking--flavor really tasty.

Comments

  1. Granola or oatmeal on top would be great as well. I like the applebutter sub as well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment