Weekly Totals

Went to Aldi this morning as a new store has recently opened closer to my home. I did get some fresh vegetables at a very reasonable price and the labels all say "Grown in the USA". I'm not sure if I will frequent the store as my local Sav-A-Lot seems to have better prices on most staples and I am familiar with the quality of their store brands. I am going to start tracking the exact amount of my food expenses. With two growing boys and their friends over to visit frequently(from Friday after school until Sunday evening), I am trying to keep my expenses including household items under $90 per week. This is approximately $10 less than I have been spending, as my average is approximately $100 per week. I am hoping I can eventually reduce my weekly bill even lower but writing down the amounts keeps me "honest". I do have a category for "grocery savings" in Quicken that I use to save money painlessly as I am rewarding myself for using coupons and such. My total saved for 5 months of spending equals approximately $1000!

Total for groceries so far this week.
Aldi--17.12 no coupons
Sav-A-Lot--0
Publix--74.12  saved 62.52
CVS--0

Total OOP--91.24

Almost made my goal.  Hopefully I will do better next week.  There were a few things that the Publix doesn't always have that I purchased today towards my stockpile so....that accounts for the overage.  I still need a few things for staples but it will wait until next week.

I did do a lot of preparation towards my meals this week so weeknights will be much easier!

Comments