It's all about blowing the budget?

Oh Man, after the chinese and pizza takeout last week my budget was blown by about $30.  However the cost of the takeout does account for the overage so if I just would have cooked what was on the menu, I possibly could have stayed on budget.  That is an amazing thought, grrrr.  I could be seeing a movie, having a real dinner out, bought a new book, better yet bought a new hang about outfit.  What was I thinking?  No quick and easy this week unless it is already a planned event with the money already budgeted. 

So here are the totals for the week:
Winn Dixie--37.26 (saved 34.98), I purchased for that amount 2 12oz boxes of bacon, 2 ready wash lettuce/baby spinach, 2 oscar meyers honey white turkey lunchmeat, 1 rotissiere chicken, 2 large packages of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2 packages pork shoulder, 2 packages pepperidge farms garlic bread.

Publix--70.00 saved 40.00

CVS--0
Save-A-Lot--0
Merita Bread Store--2.50. This amount included two loaves of bread and some snackies off the saving cart.  Pretty  good deal considering that bread in the grocery costs 2.50 for one loaf.  Yea for saving at least 50%.  I will update this Tuesday after all my shopping is done!
Total for the week 109.76 amount saved 76.48.  Not so great compared with a lot of other blogs that i read,but at least I am being accountable for our exact weekly costs.

Comments