Honey Chipotle Pork Tacos

Again, I have changed the menu this week.  I must be feeling a tad creative (or schizophrenic) because instead of making the planned meal, I saw a recipe on tv's Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives that I had most of the ingredients to make.  Now imagine that...I have been known to improvise, improvise, improvise. The following is what I did.

  • Boneless Center Cut Pork Chops (I used 6)
  • 2 large cloves garlic
  • chicken stock approximately 1 cup
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
I put everything in the crockpot frozen at 6:30am and it cooked until around 5:00pm.  The original recipe called for Boston Butt with garlic cloves embedded in the side with knife slits and then smoked for approximately 7 hours. (I improvise). After removing the chops from the crockpot, I shredded the meat and placed in a large saucepan.


Next, I made the sauce here are those ingredients.
  • Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce (5 peppers with 2-3 tbs sauce)
  • Honey 1/2-3/4 cup
  • Orange Juice (called for fresh squeezed, I used store brand)1/4 cup
  • Dried cilantro (supposed to be fresh) 1-2 tsp
I blended this in a mini food processor then poured it over the pork in the saucepan.  I added a bit of the cooking liquid to the consistency that I knew would cook down to a syrupy consistency.( you can adjust to your family's preference). Cooked the mixture on high until it reached that--then turned on low.



Next I prepared the tortillas.
  • Flour tortillas
  • Medium sharp shredded cheddar (grate your own, its cheaper, melts better, and tastes SO much better)
Place tortilla in preheated frying pan and cover with cheddar cheese.  Cover and allow cheese to melt and tortilla to become brown and crispy on the bottom. To eat just add meat to one side of the tortilla, squeeze a bit of lime over that and add whatever toppings you love.  We put lettuce, tomato, and salsa on ours.







OH MY GOODNESS this was awesome.  It is definitely a keeper!  Now if I had smoked the meat, used fresh ingredients, and had romaine lettuce....I don't think I would have enjoyed this any more than I did.

Comments

  1. Thanks! I missed writing down the ingredients for this when I saw the show, so I was happy to find your blog. Good for my husband's new Blackstone griddle.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment