Chili Cook Off Inspiration

Have you ever cooked chilis like this? Me neither!
I helped out in a booth at a chili cook off this weekend for a company that I work for part time....Since I didn't spend my time tasting the chili, I decided to make my own version today. This recipe is definitely inspired by the person who prepared our entry. She can make a mean chili verde!!



This was really fun to do (especially waiting for the smoke alarm to go off)! I lucked out and the vent fan must have kept the smoke and the alarm at bay. So, I'm thinking next time I will use the grill! I put the poblano peppers in a brown grocery bag for about 10 minutes, then pulled the skins off and chopped. The tomatillos went into the food processor. I loosely followed a "chili verde" recipe from word of mouth (the great cook from work) and the internet but I had beef tips instead of pork shoulder, and no green chili powder, etc. etc. I am the great improviser and the final product was really good. I'm going to try this with the pork shoulder and some of the other ingredients that I was missing and enter what I end up with into an annual chili cook off done with friends!
Posted by Picasa

Comments